Saturday, April 9, 2011
Basketball Adventures
So another basketball year has come and gone. And even though I am exhausted (and I wasn't the one playing) just sitting on the side lines is really hard work you know:) I know that in a few weeks Jaxon will beg for the fifty seventh time for me to find some place for him to play ball. He loves basketball. I for that I am grateful. It gives him something that he feels that although he needs to constantly work at, it is his santuary. We took him to Boise again to the Jr. Phenom camp. Jaxon had been invited to come back to the San Diego camp without even having to go back to the Boise one. But he didn't want to go back to California, at least for that. He did however want to go back to Boise. We invited lots of friends to go and only one decided to go. It actually worked in Jaxon's favor. I think he wasn't so afraid to "show off" because no one knew him and it paid off. I could kick myself for not taking any camera, including my camcorder. Jaxon was more amazing than I have ever seen him play. He amazed the other boys, the coaches, the parents and us! It was crazy! He did things that I really didn't think was possible with a basketball. The coaches voted Jaxon the best 6th grade player at the team out of 50 other boys. The best thing was that Jaxon wasn't even the one to tell us that his coach did. He scored the highest on all the combine events and made the all star team. He made some wonderful new friends that you would have thought they had been friends and playing forever. It was so much fun. And I forgot the camera...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WHOA! sounds like you guys have been Super busy! (this is rozalynn by the way) Me and my sister Ashlie just started a new blog and would LOVE if you came over and was our newest follower!
ReplyDeletetrulie-scrumptious.blogspot.com
hope to see you soon!