Saturday, December 12, 2009

5 Deep Breaths

Do you know that on the inside of a Dove's chocolate that there are quip little quotes, comments, or future suggestions. I probably didn't know that because I don't usually eat Dove's chocolates, I am a mini Reese's peanut buttercup kind of gal but Jaxon chose those as his treat after his game last night. I was kind of surprised because normally Jaxon does not like to eat chocolate but this was his choice.

Today, Tom and Jaxon were going to McDonald's for breakfast (Jaxon's favorite pre-game breakfast) when Tom accidentally backed up and even though he had looked a little Jetta came around the corner and Tom caught her passenger door with his back bumper. Our pickup came out of it unscathed, the Jetta has a dent. Not so cool...

Later, our little boy's Madison Cats team that Jaxon plays on lost a game in a tournament that they have been playing in. We have decided that the boys are just not morning players as anytime they do play in the am, it takes till the four quarter to wake up. Hello, that is not your alarm you are hearing, that is the four quarter buzzer! They were bummed and as always the dad's (I blame testosterone) were on edge and full of suggestions of how they could do better. Needless to say, voices were raised and nerves were on edge.

The family hopped into the car and proceeded to "pick" at each other for one thing or another. I am certain that this never happens to other families or at least that is what Lifetime television has led me to believe. While this family togetherness is occurring, Alyssa opens up one of those Dove candies and reads the following: Take five deep breaths. She immediately relays this information to all of us. In fact she demanded that we follow the instructions from the chocolate wisdom. Amazingly enough five deep breaths are just the thing to do the trick for tense situations.

Maybe the exact cure for what ails us is something as simple as chocolate and deep breathing. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment