Thursday, January 31, 2013

Growth

I found this in my drafts from 2011 and thought this pretty much sums up me....

Today I watched my daughter sign the contact for cosmotology school for admission a little over two weeks. I was amazed at how she has grown. It was really quite surreal to sit and listen to the plan over the next year and think that my daughter is going to be part of that plan and when it is all done...she will have a career. It is really scary and exciting all at the same time. It got me to thinking about all the things that grow and change around me. Most of the growth is good. I am the mother and the older I get, the more that I would like to turn back time and make my children little again. If only...
I don't do with with unplanned or unexpected...I know this surprises you but I don't. I like things well planned out with any possible detail mapped out. So the changes that are happening with my children are very difficult. Actually it scares me to death because I have very little control of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment