So it has been awhile. I would like to say that I have been off vacationing on some remote tropical island but alas reality would say otherwise. Actually I am convinced that my life is more busy than ever. Which I suppose is not a horrible thing, just exhausting. Our family has been blessed over and over again. I am always grateful for our blessings and the lessons that come from them.
After months of looking and wondering if there would ever be employment, Tom has landed himself the best job. He had applied out at the site (INL) over a year ago and after fourteen hundred applicants and only ten spots, he was chosen to work for CH2W DD crew. Fancy way of saying that he does just about anything they ask him to do. After twenty five years of working fast to get to the next job to make money, the government has really given Tom a paid vacation. Yes he actually gets paid to work and does not have to worry about getting paid. It is really fun! Anyone who has owned their own business will understand the worry that comes along with working and then wondering about getting paid. This is good!
However it has somewhat left Mike afloat. So we make new goals and move forward I tell him. Easy for me to say. Mikael's best friend came home from his mission and this was a really good thing. Josh and Mike have always been a really good thing. I never worry when Mike is with Josh. I hope that as Josh moves forward, he doesn't forget Mike. It happens...and well I hope it doesn't.
Alyssa has struggled this summer. She thought that she had life figured out. Or maybe I thought that we did. I have come to realize that although I am clear about what needs to happen, she is not. This is not volume 2 Kim, this is volume 1 Alyssa and I don't get to make the decisions, I only get to lead and hope that she follows. After some very intense tournaments, during a very short period of time, with high scoring and nasty competition, Alyssa is wondering if she is making the right decisions for her future. I sound calm now...but really after much prayer and fasting, I have come to the conclusion that I raised Alyssa to be her own person. She will make the right decision for her whatever it might be.
Jaxon... just goes with the flow of life. As long as there is a ball in his hand and somewhere to play, he is happy. Oh and lots of company. This is a boy who does not do well without social interaction, much like his sister. Always going and doing. He is really getting excited about our trip to San Diego. I have to admit I am too. I have planned it out to the last detail with the hopes it will be a good time.
Overall it has been a busy summer with good life lessons. Not life shattering just good solid lessons on how to be a better person. Loving more, smiling more, working hard, playing harder and enjoying the journey!
So weird enough I actually found your blog because you left a comment on the sullengers blog. So I had to check it out. I really miss seeing you guys when I come to rexburg. The gym hasn't been the same since Alyssa started pursuing other dreams. Anyways I'm really glad to see that you are doing well and that Tom has found a job. You guys are great. Take care. Trish
ReplyDeleteHey!!! I found your blog the same way from the sullengers...your family is growing up and you're all looking so great!
ReplyDelete